Volunteers are welcome at Northeast Placement Services. If you want to give back to the community, come volunteer and have fun doing it!
Volunteers are needed to support the people in service directly and the needs of each person indirectly are equally valued. We have both support positions and direct service volunteer opportunities available.
We are also looking for volunteer opportunities for the people we serve to give back to the community! Please contact us if you have an opportunity you would like to discuss with us.
Some of the available opportunities are:
- Direct Support – Work one-on-one with a person receiving services by playing a game, watching a movie, or working on a craft. Volunteers can also get people involved in their community by accompanying them to a sporting event, a church service, or by simply dining at a restaurant together.
- Group Volunteers – NEPS welcomes groups who don’t mind getting their hands dirty. Volunteer to work on a maintenance or repair project at one of our group homes, our day center or our office.
- One-Time Volunteers – Help make our special events a success by becoming a volunteer.
- Committee Volunteers -NEPS has several committees that meet on a regular basis to assure we are providing the best support to the people we serve. Volunteer on our Safety Committee or become a Community Advisory Board member.
- Professional Opportunities – Offer your professional expertise to the individuals we support. We are always looking for professionals in our community to give presentations or even donate time or services.
- Church Opportunities – Churches can assist the agency in many of these volunteer opportunities.
- Advocate – NEPS is always looking for volunteers to call or email elected officials in response to alerts. These alerts are about specific issues that relate to people with intellectual disabilities.